Holiday Lets in Wells-Next-the-Sea, North Norfolk
CONDITIONS OF HIRE (subject to amendment where necessary to deal effectively with Coronavirus)
1. The hiring contract shall be between the hirer and the property owner for which the booking is made and shall be deemed to be made subject to these conditions of hire. The Contract of Hire is not effective until written confirmation of the booking is sent to the Hirer.
2. For bookings made more than twenty-eight days before arrival, a deposit of one-third of the total hiring charge is payable on booking, the balance being due twenty-eight days before arrival. The right is reserved to cancel a booking where full payment has not been made less than fourteen days before arrival.
3. For bookings made twenty-eight days or less before arrival the full amount is payable on booking.
4. Once a booking has been confirmed the hirer is responsible for the total advertised charge for the period of the letting.
5. In the event of cancellation by the hirer before commencement of the letting (notice of cancellation to be given in writing) the hirer will remain liable for the balance of the hire. However (without prejudice) every effort will be made to re-let the property for the period concerned or such part thereof as may prove possible. If such re-letting can be arranged the balance if already paid will normally be refunded less a charge for any additional expenses incurred. The deposit will not be refunded but is forfeited on cancellation.
6. Summer lettings are for a minimum of one week starting at 3.00pm on the day of arrival (normally a Saturday) and ending at 10.30am on the day of departure (normally a Saturday).
7. The number of people occupying a property may not exceed the number stated in the booking form particulars unless specific consent is first obtained from the owner. The owners reserve the right to refuse admittance or levy an additional charge if this condition is not observed.
8. Minor damages or breakages will not normally be charged to the hirer (but should be replaced and/ or advised to the Owner by email), but it should be noted that all damages and breakages are the legal responsibility of the hirer and their cost shall be refundable by the hirer on demand.
9. Baggage and personal belongings are the hirer's risk at all times.
10. No responsibility can be accepted for loss or damage to any car or its contents.
11. While every effort has been made to ensure that the representations contained in all advertising matter are correct and made in good faith neither they nor any oral representations made by myself or representatives of myself shall create liability on my part.
12. Please note we will normally accept one well behaved dog. (e.g. long standing regular guest with a well behaved dog) then an extra £35 is payable to cover additional cleaning costs but please note that pets are not permitted upstairs, on furniture or beds. Every effort must be made to minimise additional mess created by having your pet on holiday with you and any extra costs incurred as a result of pets may be charged to the hirer / your security deposit. Under no circumstances must a pet be left unattended in the property. The owner accepts no responsibility for pets left unattended and any damage to the owner’s property by pets will be charged to the hirer/ security deposit
13. The garage is not available for use by the hirer.
14. There is a telephone (no outgoing calls) and wireless broadband – reasonable use is included.
15. The hirer is responsible for the property and is expected to take all reasonable care of it.
16 All equipment, utensils etc. must be left clean, and the property must be left both clean and tidy at the end of the hire period
17. A combination key safe has been fitted on the brick wall outside the back door so, our key holder, will leave the key in here for you. You can collect the key any time after 3pm (but may need a torch if it is dark). There is no need to telephone our key holder / cleaner unless you have a query or wish to enquire if it is possible to arrive earlier then 3pm. The combination will be advised shortly before your stay. Please be sure to jumble the combination after closing the door and then slide down the shutter. At the end of your stay, please post the key through the front door.
18. A refundable security deposit may be requested to cover any damage incurred.
Under normal circumstances this deposit is returned in full between 7 and 14 days after departure. The property must be left clean and tidy, all equipment and utensils etc. must be clean and put away at the end of the hire period. Should the property be found to require significant extra cleaning as a result of the condition in which it is left then these additional costs will be charged to the hirer / security deposit.
19. The hirer should report any items requiring maintenance to the owner by email or telephone.
20. On departure, please vacate the property by 10.30am (no later please, as we need to clean for incoming tenants) . If this is not possible for some reason please inform the Key holder / cleaner - contact details are issued with the Booking Confirmation. 200720